This is an American-made documentary television series. The first season premiered on March 20, 2020, on the Netflix platform.
“Tiger King…Murder, Mayhem and Madness” is that same series which we will associate the beginning of 2020 with. Released at the end of March, exactly when the quarantine began worldwide, the documentary series became an instant hit thanks to the lack of competitors and the utterly stunning plot. We see a specific microcosm of private zoos owners in the south of the United States. We meet both an “enlightened guru” who lives with all his helpers and a lady who rescues big cats and makes good money. But the main hero is Joe Mystic, an expressive man with a gun and a mullet hairdo.
“Tiger King” is the very case when every turn of this authentic story surprises the audience.
The authors of this documentary series stumbled upon a gold mine: sometimes, it seems that this freak show does not even need directing.
- “Tiger King” broke some records on the first day after its premiere.”Netflix”, reported that the documentary series was watched by more than thirty million viewers in the first ten days.
- After the “Tiger King” premiere, the hunt for the rights to film this crazy story began. As a result, we will see an eight-part series, and Nicolas Cage will portray Joe Exotic.
- By the way, the success of the Netflix service is associated with another documentary series. The platform created the documentary “Making a Murderer”. The project told the story of Stephen Avery, who spent 18 years in prison and was released after proving his innocence, but several years later received a life sentence in a very complicated case.
- What channel is producing the series?
The documentary series Tiger King was filmed for the Netflix streaming service.
- Will there be a sequel?
No, there are no plans to continue the story.
- The last dance
- Don’t F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer
- Making a Murderer