- Igor Pokrajac, James Norton, Kirill Pirogov, Merab Ninidze
- Hossein Amini, James Watkins
- Crime, Drama, Thriller
- English, Russian, Arabic
Alex Godman is a descendant of Russian emigrants, who, however, grew up in Great Britain, and it was here that he became a successful businessman. However, the family’s dark past does not let Alex go his own way: his father Dmitri was once the boss of the Russian mafia. And now, the criminal elements try to invade life of Alex and his family, they start pulling their claws to his investment fund. As a result of certain circumstances, the main character of the series is forced to take part in side business and eventually gets involved in connections with criminal organizations not only from Russia, but also from South America and Asia.
- “McMafia” TV series was filmed by order of the British “BBC One” television channel and the American “AMC”. This multi-part crime thriller launched in the UK on January 1, 2018, and in the US on February 26, 2018. Soon it became known about the intension to make a second season of “McMafia” TV series, but the premiere date is still unknown.
- For the series, the cityscape shots of Moscow and Prague were used, but the events that take place in these cities were actually filmed in the Croatian capital Zagreb.
- The main role is the actor James Norton, who got already used to playing Russians: we can see him in the British multi-part film adaptation of the novel “War and Peace” in 2016. There he played the role of Andrei Bolkonsky.
- Aleksey Serebryakov and Mariya Shukshina, stars of Russian cinema, played the parents of the protagonist Alex Godman in “McMafia” TV series.
An American-British co-production television series It is inspired by the book “McMafia: Seriously Organised Crime” written by journalist Misha Glenny (2008 in the genre of crime drama.
The first season of “McMafia” TV series premiered on ‘BBC One’ on January 1, 2018.
- Related TV Series
- The Romanoffs
- Gangs of London
- The Night Manager
Tags: crime, drama, thriller, Russian mafia, Great Britain