The French Dispatch — Wes Anderson’s latest film — is a tribute to journalists in general and to The New Yorker magazine in particular. The film is about a made-up American weekly magazine based in the fictional French town of Ennui-sur-Blasé. Apparently, The French Dispatch is going to be an American story of journalism set in France countryside, with the storyline being split into three parts — each full of high-profile celebrities. In fact, The French Dispatch mostly stars Wes Anderson’s favourites.
Did you know?
- The French Dispatch is set in the fictional French town of Ennui-sur-Blasé depicted by the French provincial town of Angoulême near Bordeaux.
- The French Dispatch’s poster drawn by the artist Javi Aznarez shares a lot of its bearing with The New Yorker magazine and was revealed on February 11, 2020, one day before the film trailer was released.
- The French Dispatch’s cast includes eight Oscar-winning actors: Kate Winslet, Benicio del Toro, Adrien Brody, Tilda Swinton, Anjelica Huston, Frances McDormand, Fisher Stevens and Christoph Waltz.
The French Dispatch is an American-German co-production comedy-drama film. It will be released worldwide on October 15, 2020.
Please visit our website to watch The French Dispatch trailer online and check out interesting film trivia and a release date. No signup required.
Frequently asked questions
- When will the film have its world premiere?
The French Dispatch was scheduled to release worldwide on July 24, 2020 but due to COVID-19 pandemic was pushed back to October 15.
- Who wrote the film score?
The film score was written by the composer Alexandre Desplat who won the Oscar for his musical scores to Wes Anderson’s The Grand Budapest Hotel.
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Moonrise Kingdom
- The Darjeeling Limited