Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
- Bertie Carvel, Charlotte Riley, Eddie Marsan, Marc Warren
- Nick Hirschkorn, Peter Harness
- Fantasy, History, Sci-Fi, War
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell shows viewers an alternative Great Britain from the 19th century, where – as in our reality – the Foggy Albion is at war with France. However, in this story, Europe has a significant difference in the fact that some people have magic skills.
Norrell and Jonathan Strange, two gentlemen capable of magic, are at the center of the TV show’s plot. Although at first Strange becomes Norell’s apprentice, at some point the paths of these gentlemen diverge. And only in the face of mortal danger, Strange and Norrell again find themselves on the same side.
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell is not just another multi-part fairy tale. A pseudo-historical television series, it features Napoleon and many other real-life personalities. In addition, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell is a very British story that does not change its traditions even though the world shown in it is in the thick of magic.
- The first season of “Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell” premiered on 17 May 2015 on BBC One. With episodes aired on a weekly basis, the TV show ended on June 28, 2015 (no renewal planned).
- The TV show is based on the novel of the same name by Susanna Clarke. Published in 2004, this book has received a lot of literary awards. Remarkably, the writer is currently working on a sequel to the “Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell” novel.
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell is a British-made TV series based on the historical fantasy novel by Susanna Clarke. The first season of the TV show was premiered on May 17, 2015 on BBC One.
- Good Omens
- Penny Dreadful
- Jekyll & Hyde
Tags: fantasy, drama, history, alternate reality, magic, wizards, film adaptation, UK