This is a continuation of the criminal anthology about bad guys. If the first season of Dirty John told us a story about a nice rich woman Debra, who fell victim to a crook, now we have a real family drama.
Betty (Amanda Peet) and Dan (Christian Slater) are a married couple living in California. However, everything changes when Dan is transferred to a new job in San Diego. The husband meets a woman there, it leads to the most tragic consequences, and the family drama becomes a crime thriller.
- The first season of Dirty John was based on a true story told in the podcast. It is completely real, and there is a documentary about the swindler John Meehan right after the finale. By the way, actress Connie Britton, who starred in the first season of Dirty John and was nominated for a Golden Globe for it, remained the anthology producer.
- Christian Slater continues his triumphal march across the small screens. After the finale of the IT-thriller Mr. Robot and Dirty John, we will soon see him in the series Dr. Death about a mad neurosurgeon. Jamie Dornan and Alec Baldwin will keep Slater company there.
- The real Betty Broderick is now in jail in California and will not leave it until 2032.
This is an American-made criminal drama TV-series based on the real-life events.
The premiere of the second season took place on June 2, 2020 on the USA Network channel.
- What channel is behind the series production?
Unlike the first season that was filmed for the Bravo TV-network, the second season was filmed for the USA Network channel.
- Will there be a continuation?
The showrunners have not said a word about possible continuation yet.
More Like This
- Dead to Me
- Why Women Kill
- American Crime Story