Herschel Greenbaum (Seth Rogen) came to America from Eastern Europe with his beloved wife at the beginning of the 20th century. Here in New York, he is trying to build a happy future for himself and his pregnant wife and gets a job at a canning factory. One day, he falls into a large vat of cucumbers and the marinade does not kill him, but, on the contrary, preserves the unlucky man. Herschel emerges a hundred years later and sees a completely different New York. And then he meets his grandson Ben Greenbaum — played by the same Seth Rogen. Ben is a typical millennial who works on his computer and has social issues. Grandfather and his grandson have to live together somehow and even learn something new from each other.
- Recently actor Seth Rogen has been more involved in producing movies and TV-series. For example, he had a hand in such popular series as “Future Man,” “Preacher,” and “Black Monday.” In September we will see a new season of the popular TV-series “Boys” with Rogen as a showrunner.
- “An American Cucumber” is HBO Max’s first in-house movie. The new streaming platform launched on May 27, 2020, and there you may find all TV-series filmed for HBO. *In Russia, the new service’s content is shown at Amediateka.
- The movie is based on Simon Rich’s story, who also wrote the script for “An American Cucumber.” You may know Rich by the series “Miracle Workers,” for which he wrote a script based on his books.
American-made comedy based on a short story by Simon Rich.
“An American Pickle” will premiere on August 6 at HBO Max platform.
- When will the film premiere in the world?
More Like This
- Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga
- The King of Staten Island